GFest Online 2020 is proud to present the Academy I competition for players ages 16-21 (at least 16* and no older than 21 by June 30th, 2020)
* competitors younger than 16 years old may be accepted on a case-by-case basis only if they are also participating in the Academy program. See details below for details.
Only “Academy I” active participants can enter the competition.
To register for the competition, please send applications via email to the NEC Summer Registrar Rebecca Wolff (link below).
One round, two pieces of repertoire in contrasting styles, maximum 15 minutes.
Place the camera and/or microphone directly in front of you. Make sure both hands are visible to the camera.
Competitors will be judged on the following criteria:
- Sound (overall tone production, tone color changes)
- Musicality (dynamics, phrasing, ability for the music to tell a narrative)
- Technical Proficiency (accuracy and comfortability of notes)
- Overall impression (personality, stage presence, and presentation)
Deadline to submit videos is June 20, 2020.
1st Prize – Aytahn Benavi
2nd Prize – Yitong Shi
3rd Prize – Jiujiu Wu
4th Prize – Tom Phillips